In 2020, our executives committee have decided the date of the event.
The details including registration periods will be announced as soon as when get ready.
■MT.AWA VERTICAL KILOMETER
Date 2020/04/18 Sat
Eligibility for entry：
・Healthy men and women over high school students
・Those who have plenty of climbing experience and who have a mind of climbers / sky runners
Date 2020/04/19 Sun
Eligibility for entry：
Overseas athletes> SWS (Sky Runner World Series) finishers, people who have finished in the Sky Running Asian Championships, etc.
※ We will listen to past finish races at entry.
■MT.AWA SKYRACE YAKUSHI20K
Date 2020/04/19 Sun
Eligibility for entry：Above high school student
■MT.AWA SKYRACE TANADA3K
Date 2020/04/19 Sun
Eligibility for entry：3 years and over
It was beautiful weekend for MT. AWA, known to the worldwide.
thank-you so much for all to make this happen. With continuously having this event for 5- 10 years, then we can really contribute development of this are finally.
We really need your cooperation and support for long term. Love and gratitude to all.
Official photo album is uploaded. Please do check it out.
Official Result is uploaded. Please do check it out.
-On 20th, Vertical kilometer, mandatory gear is
Plan A When sunny (weather forecast announced the previous day at sunny and sunny weather forecast Sanjo city rain probability 50% or less)
*At start are of race day, judge man will check it
・Mountain running shoes
※ For safety, running shoes and sandals for land use are prohibited
・500 ml or more of water
*According to course change, we reduce water from 1 liter to 500ml for SkyRace. MT.AWA Yakushi race and Yagihana race remain same 1 litter.
*On 20th at Bib registration 13:00-15:00, we check "all mandatory gear". So please bring all of them with you.
*MT.AWA Yakushi race and MT.AWA Yagihana race are also plan A.
It's so much snow left and slippery.
*Just for Vertical and Skyrace.20k, 10k, 3k has no snow.
We locate stuff on the course as many as possible, but
-If you have snow spike, take it with you. If you can buy it, please. After 6th station, so much snow.
-Mountain running shoes and your choice should be the for slippery situation.
-If there is footprint trace, it's possible to stand on cornice or crack. So please follow the red course sign and marking.
We discussed with team including specialist for avalanche control and weather forecast, avalanche risk is highly recognized. As conclusion, we decided, course change for your safety.
8th station will be finish.
*Don't go up to the peak.
*To prevent from avalanche, even after finish, if you go to the peak, we may make the athlete disqualification. Be careful.
Go through same route as Awayakushi race(20K) and from near 5th station(*1), go up to 8th station and back same route as original route to finish. 23km Altitude gain 1600m+
*1 Near 5th station 13km cutoff time 2hrs 45mins
*Cutoff time at finish 4hrs 50mins
*8th station, we write sign on your bib by pen and note your number.
*Awayakushi race 20K, Yagihana race 10K, Tanada race 3K will be held as original plan.
*Form 6th station to 8th station, course is covered by snow.
*Skyrace prize giving ceremony will be at 12:30, other race ceremony will be at 12:00.
*On 21st, shuttle bus between race venue and Tubame Sanjo station leave at 14:30 from race venue. (Tubame Sanjo station at 15:15)
*On 20th, no timetable change.
Mt.Awa is still so much snow left and definitely winter mountain right now. Winter mountain equipments are necessary.
A few days ago was snowing but since yesterday, have got warm so much, like real spring.
For next 2 weeks, melting snow dramatically. So even if you come to see MT. AWA but the race day would be completely different conditions.
So mind your conditions till the race day and have great race in MT. AWA, Niigata, Japan.
This is the list of International Elite Athlete Information for MT.AWA RACE 2019.
Hillary Gerardi:- She runs for Team Black Diamond / Scarpa
- She’s based in France but born in the United States
- She’s the 2018 Sky Ultra Migu Run Skyrunner World Series Champion
- She was 2nd in the 2018 Overall Migu Run Skyrunner World Series ranking
- She won iconic races like KIMA Trophy or Tromsø Skyrace
- Credit the photographer (Álex Díaz)
Sheila Avilés :- 2017 Skyrunner World Series in Sky Classic.
- She has signed with Adidas Terrex after 2 years with Buff.
- She’s from Spain, 25 years old
- She’s the 2017 Migu Run Skyrunner World Series Sky Classic Champion
- She was 6th in the 2018 Overall Migu Run Skyrunner World Series ranking
- She won SkyRace Comapedrosa
- Credit the photographer (MRSWS / Roger Salanova)
Megan Kimmel :- Megan was born in 1980 in the United States. She currently runs for Salomon Running
- She was the 2016 Sky Classic World Series Champion. She won 4 out of 6 races that ran that year: Yading, Ultraks, The Rut 28K and Limone Extreme
- In 2015 she had been 2nd in the World Series, winning her first race in Hong Kong.
- She comes back to the Migu Run Skyrunner World Series after not competing here in the last two years. She’s currently the 118th in the 52 weeks ranking
- Credit the photographer (MRSWS / Ian Corless)
Pablo Villa :- Pablo is an Spanish skyrunner born th 30th December 1988 (30 years)
- After some years with Salomon, in 2018 he signed for Wild Trail Project, an spanish team linked to Nike Trail
- In 2015 Pablo was the Spain Skyrunning Champion and finished 8th in the Skyrunning European Championship
- In 2017 he won Ultra Pirineu and he focused on trailrunning races, winning many of them
- In 2019 he comes back to the Skyrunner World Series being one of the most renowned runners in the world. In fact this year he has already finished 2nd in Transgrancaria 128 km.
- Credit of the picture (Compex Spain)
Holly Page :- In 2018 she ran without sponsor and now has signed for Adidas Terrex
- She’s the winner of the Sky Classic category in the 2018 Skyrunner World Series
- In 2018 she won Yading Skyrace, Buff Epic Trail and The Rut 28K
- She’s currently the number 2 of the Overall 52-weeks ranking
- Credit of the picture (Adidas Terrex)
Oriol Cardona :- Spanish
- In 2018 he was 3rd in Limone Extrem SkyRace® 3rd
- In 2019 ISMF World Championship Sprint 4th
- Credit of the picture (MRSWS / Ian Corless)
Jonathan Albon :Jon is one of the best skyrunnerx in the World. In 2017 he was the Extreme World Series Champion and in 2018 he became the European Champion in Skyrunning in extra distance and won Madeira Skymarathon and Tromsø Skyrace.
- Credit of the picture (MRSWS / Paulo Abreu）
Marco De Gasperi- Italian Skyrunning Legend. He started to run in 1993
- He runs for Hoka One One. He’s a Forestal Guard in Italy
- He had never won an Skyrunner World Series race until 2017. It was on Matterhorn Ultraks
- In 2017 he was the Skyrunner World Series Champion in the Sky Classic category
- He’s currently the 21st in the 52 weeks ranking
Oihana Azkorbebeita- Basque skyrunner, mother of two boys who usually go to the races with her
- She runs for Basque National Team in Spain (Euskal Selekzioa)
- She was the winner of Buff Epic Trail 2017
- She’s the 10th in the Overall 52-weeks ranking
Finally it's officially announced, MT.AWA VERTICAL KILOMETER become part of VERTICAL KILOMETER WORLD CIRCUIT.
Registration will close on 31st MARCH at 23:59(JST)